August 25, 2009

Rock is not about drugs

Ever since I was a kid ( and I am not an octogenarian as I write this) have I seen this slogan being telecasted , printed and aired on every possible media- SAY NO TO DRUGS! DON'T SMOKE! etc. etc. etc.  Well, for all those chain smokers , drunkards and drug abusers out there , I have just two words - CARRY ON ! It's just that there is a little problem here , a small but real problem. Unless you are a Syd Barrett or Robert Plant or anyone related to those figures you may very well end up in a state owned Rehab. facility located on the outskirts of an obscure locality where sewage and drinking water share the same source and where food is not important for you'll be busy vomiting out truckloads of shit which you so religiously ingested over the years under the intoxicating effect of adolescence, youth and "Rock music"....did I get it right was it Rock music...yes it was . Iam pretty sure that when you first sniffed a drug it was because Kurt Cobain( God bless his soul) personally handed you the stuff. I really hand it to you guys, the only thing which Cobain handed out to me was a headache when he entered the MTV studio in New York without taking a bath. Any ways I surely am glad for all of you who feel that Rock music has something to do with drugs. After all every drug peddler needs to earn his living, that poor fellow shall die of hunger and frustration if people stop being gullible and injecting themselves with that cool stuff. I would have joined you in your exploration but I for one care more for that highly overrated commodity called good health. Someone once said (somewhere around 1200 A.D. ) in Arabia: That if you have health you have hope, and if you have hope you have everything. Unless hope is the name of a drug I think the message is quite clear. By the way that guy surely knew how to enjoy his music , though it may only have been a few Arabs playing a tambourine after gulping down a glass or two of  fresh camel milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment