August 23, 2009

Thrashing out all the trash

The contents of this review owe their presence to my brother ( yes the same chap who's into guitars and bought that guitar self help book), who introduced me to a band which calls itself " METALLICA". I first felt that the band's name was too cliched . But then I realized that whatever we call trademark metal stuff today was actually the result of a groundbreaking musical movement of the 80's and Metallica was the pioneer. Interestingly unlike other pioneers who soon get eclipsed by their successors , Metallica grew as a music phenomenon at an unbelievably fast pace .

I f you ask me that " Dude , tell me ...what is this Band's music like?"
I would simply answer" Please don't call me dude and go listen to Battery followed by a extra helping of Ride the Lightning "

Sadly, my job permits me no such latitude and hence I can't be terse. So here follows a little something on one of the most closely knit units which the rock world has seen in the age of Music vandalism carried out by pop music and videos.

Metallica's music does not reflect richness in variety. In a way that is it's USP. Metallica's tracks are easily recognizable . Hetfield voice lends a heavy touch to the band. Metallica's success is chiefly attributable to their age old policy of sticking to the basics and strengths. A legendary bassist, Ferocious riffs, typical thrash drumming all contribute to Metallica's die hard fan following. Metallica is surely Rock's face from the 80's .
Metallica also holds the distinction of being the only band who's music never showed signs of softening up time. In fact St. Anger will have to go down as the band's hardest work after the masterpieces from the 80's.
It shall be quite improper if I don't talk about Metallica's exploits in the area of softer and slower ballads like "Nothing else matters " etc. Undoubtedly these songs prove that Metallica knows the essence of rock.
Personally, I am not into Thrash metal and stuff but the baNd's creative sincerity has wheedled out of me a lavish and decorative review of this band's work; but I must say Metallica deserves every bit of this praise.

Sammy recommends:

out here my choice of songs and albums may differ a little due to reasons stated above:

albums: Ride the lightning , Load ( I regard it as the Band's best album )
songs: Battery, Fade to black, Bleeding me and almost all the tracks from Load.

Happy thrashing folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment